"I don't get it!..." "I've a nice car. I'm accomplished. My A-List CV make the next guy look funky. I even wear ...
With what you've learned with me so far, you WILL be able to get numbers from women. Lots of them. Now I'm not saying you'll ge...
Are you shy? Do you have difficulty coping with people or situations? Then I have good news for you. You do not have to suffer from shynes...
We know that volunteering a portion of our time is something we should do. There are reminders all around us that our help is needed. Othe...
Whole coffee beans are the perfect purchase for the coffee aficionado. Buying the beans whole will allow you to have a fresh grind. Th...
If you are trying to lose weight, you need to exercise. People who attempt to lose weight through dieting alone will never see the results...
We all have habits, some good and some not so good. These are behaviors that we've learned and that occur almost automatically. And mos...
Motivation is the driving force behind life-enhancing change. It comes from knowing exactly what you want to do and having an insatiable, ...
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, 30 March 2014
05:00 | Posted by VS | | Edit Post
Are you shy? Do you have difficulty coping with people or situations? Then I have good news for you. You do not have to suffer from shyness and you should not feel insecure and fear that you are being judged with every step you take.
Winning the war with shyness takes practice, but is definitely well worth the effort as the result is increasing confidence and self esteem. Wake up feeling good about yourself, able to face the world with confidence and security and the knowing that no feeling of shyness can come in your way of achieving your desires.
There are hundreds of books written on the subject of how beat shyness and gain confidence, but there are a few techniques that anyone can practice. Here are 6 suggestions of techniques on how to overcome your shyness:
2. Feel good about yourself. Look your best. Dress up more often. This gives you an extra feeling of confidence and self esteem. On its own just knowing that you look good will boost your confidence and reinforce with others that there are things about you that are worth getting to know.
3. Take a risk at least once a day. It's very invigorating and conquering fears by taking risks helps you grow in confidence and self esteem. Start with small risks and fears and as you overcome them move onto bigger things. There's nothing you cannot do. Be confident in knowing that change can only help you grow, and boost your self confidence.
4. When you are engaged in a one to one conversation, or with a larger group of people, let them know that you're shy. This prevents them from misreading you and they are far more likely to invite you into the conversation rather than leave you just listening and wishing you could contribute.
Many people, me included, find following a conversation in a noisy room difficult. If you are having difficulty say so and move so that you can hear. People respect honesty, and vulnerability and you will attract more honest people into your life as a result.
5. Rejection is a fact of life that everyone experiences. It is rarely you that is being rejected. If you are rejected, for example if you ask someone for a date, remember that everyone has different likes and dislikes. You may be attracted to one type of person and not others. The same applies to other people and you are probably just not their type. That does not devalue you in any way. Accept this and know that you will get over it. Never take it personally and keep in mind that if people reject you it is because of their own likes and dislikes and not because of who you are. You are equally entitled to reject others because of your likes and dislikes.
6. Engage in an activities that make you feel excited and good about yourself or start a hobby that gives you a feeling of relaxation. This could be anything from gardening to Tai Chi to Karate. Take some lessons, learn or master a musical instrument or take singing lessons. Do something that excites you and take a risk. Exploring things that make you feel excited is a great antidote for shyness.